A few things to check out if you have laid up your car:
- If possible store the car away from windows or openings to avoid moisture or extreme temperatures.
- Keeping the car under cover prevents scratches occurring whilst in the garage. A fresh coat of wax will also help prevent this.
- Protect tyres from dry rot by resting the wheels on bits of carpet or plywood. Putting the car on jacks or axle stands is best for tyres and suspensions.
- Put air in the tyres close to max PSI. Pressures tend to drop with low temperature and long term sitting.
- Less air in the tank the better so fill up with fuel. If using a Fuel Stabiliser follow instructions and add when tank is low. Run the car for a while to allow it to reach the carburettor then fill up with fuel.